You use Spotify, so you must really like music! But you are having a problem and trying to figure out how to sync local files Spotify.
Don’t worry, I am here to help you with the solution of how to sync local files Spotify IPhone and I have fixed this issue on my own device.
If you use an iPhone or Android, I can help you with any problem.
I had a similar issue on my Windows laptop and I solved this in my device, So I can show you how to sync local files Spotify Windows.
You Know how to create Spotify Playlist but this error is new for you then So let’s see the proper soluton to sync lcoal files on Spotify.
- 1 How To Sync Local Files Spotify 2023
- 2 Sync Local Files from Spotify iPhone
- 3 Sync Local Files Spotify Android
- 4 Sync Local Files Spotify Windows
- 5 Sync Local Files Spotify Mac
- 6 Sync local files Spotify not working
- 7 FAQ
- 8 Conslusion
How To Sync Local Files Spotify 2023
Many people don’t know that the Spotify app can do something cool. It can sync music from your own device.
You see, Spotify is an app for listening to music online. But it also has a special thing. It can play music from your device.
This is great because you won’t have to use your data to listen to the same songs. You can save music from anywhere and play it on Spotify.
So, it’s like having a music player in your streaming app.
Sync Local Files from Spotify iPhone
If you have an iPhone, you can follow these steps to Sync Local Files from Spotify to iPhone. It’s similar to doing it on Android, but I will explain just for iPhone users.
- Get Spotify App from the App Store.
- Open Spotify.
- Tap the Home icon.
- Look for the gear icon (it’s for settings) and tap it.
- Scroll down to ‘local files’ on your iPhone.
- Turn on ‘Show audio files from this device’.
- Go to ‘Your Library’, and you will see your songs in the Spotify app.
Now, you can listen to your own songs in the Spotify app on your iPhone.
Sync Local Files Spotify Android
If you have an Android phone and want to Sync Local Files Spotify On Android Phone then Just follow these steps:
- Open the Spotify app.
- Tap the Home icon.
- Now, tap on the three dots in the bottom.
- Scroll down and find ‘local files’.
- Turn on the option that says ‘Show audio files from this device’.
- Go to your library, and you will find all your music from your phone in the Spotify app.
That’s it! You have synced your songs to Spotify.
Sync Local Files Spotify Windows
Here are easy steps for people using Windows computers to put their own music on Spotify:
- Get Spotify from the Windows Store on your computer.
- Open Spotify.
- Click on your picture in the top left corner.
- Scroll down to ‘Library.’
- Turn on ‘Local Files.’
- When you do that, your music on your computer will show up in Spotify.
Sync Local Files Spotify Mac
To Sync Local Files Spotify Mac, you have to either link your iPhone to iCloud or connect it to your Mac using a USB cable. Once you do that, you can add your music.
The most important thing to remember is that you have to use the same iCloud account on your Mac and your iPhone.
To share things between them, like copying and pasting, you need to set up something called the “universal clipboard.” To learn how to do this, Follow this steps.
- First, on your Mac, copy the files you want to share.
- Then, on your iPhone, go to a folder called “On My iPhone”.
- Find the Spotify folder and tap on it.
- Then, paste the files you copied from your Mac.
Now, you can open and listen to your copied music on your iPhone.
Using USB cable
- Plug in your iPhone using a USB cable.
- Open the Finder on your Mac.
- In the sidebar, click on “iPhone.”
- Drag and drop the files you want onto your iPhone.
- You can find your downloaded music in your local library.
Sync local files Spotify not working
Lots of people have trouble getting their local files to work on Spotify. If you want to make it work, try doing these things:
First, make sure you turned on the local files option in your settings. If you haven’t done that yet, I’ll show you how for every type of device and system.
Check your internet. Sometimes, if your internet is not good, this problem happens.
Make sure you are using the right kind of files. Spotify only works with certain types of files, like .mp3, .mp4, and m4p.
Use the same account on all your devices if you are trying to sync on both a Mac and an iOS device.
You need to have the latest version of the Spotify app. If it’s still not working, then try uninstalling the app and then installing it again.
Where are my own songs on Spotify?
When you turn on the option to use your own music, you can find them in the Library section of Spotify.
Can I put my songs on Spotify?
Yes, you can add your own songs to Spotify.
How can I listen to my own songs on Spotify using my phone?
First, put your songs on Spotify. Then, go to your Library and play your songs on the Spotify app on your phone.
In this article, I have explained step by step how to sync local files on Spotify.
I have shown how to do it on different devices like Android phones, iPhones, Mac computers, and Windows computers.
I hope this helps everyone to use Spotify better and solve any problems they have with syncing local files on Spotify.
If you have questions or problems, write them in the comments. Thank you!